Tuesday, May 22, 2012

>3 months

In less than 3 months, I will be in another country. It's real-talk time now.

I had my pre-departure orientation this past Saturday. It was really great to meet all of the other people studying abroad, as well as gain some more insight on what to expect. We all had a great time getting to know each other, and I think that a really cool group has come together. I think it was also really good for my mom to talk to other parents who will be experiencing the "loss" of a child. I will be her second child that is living overseas, and it's really hard for both of my parents to realize that we won't be living in a 20 mile radius like the rest of their family. It happens.

I'm kind of like a senior right now in school, I guess. I went to prom this past saturday after my orientation, and it was actually a really great time. Looking back, high school didn't suck as much as everyone said it would. I will miss all of the friends I made, but it's definitely time to move on. I have to do all of these senior requirements in just a few weeks time, like graduation project and standardized tests and other stuff, but that's all right with me.

Also, side note. My 9th grade English teacher gave me a full-sized accordion for free the other day. It's probably one of the best gifts I have ever received. I want to take it with me to Belgium, but it's over 30 pounds. Maybe I will sacrifice clothes for heavy musical instrument of magic.

  

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read your blog posts this year! I would like to do an exchange program in either Belgium or France, but I'm not sure when. I just started my sophomore year, and I don't know if it'd be better to do an exchange program next year, or wait til my senior year? Any insight on that? Also, how did you approach the subject with your parents? I'm not sure how to talk to them about an exchange program. One last question, what is the scholarship you got?

    ReplyDelete